ADSM-L

Re: Charging schemes

1997-01-08 14:38:01
Subject: Re: Charging schemes
From: Eric LEWIS <Eric.Lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:38:01 CST
     Our management also desired a simple and predictable bill.  I proposed
     a monthly bill based on storage/month and I/O (+ license).  Reason is
     then we don't get into the morality of whether our customers data is
     worth keeping for x days or y versions.  We are going forward with a
     bill with a rate of $.022/mb I/O and $.0022/mb/month storage.
     Customer specifies management classes.  We try to set up management
     classes to meet customer desires/requirements.

     When I explained the moral issues, and how I hoped to avoid the
     religious wars we used to fight in our MF world over these issues, I
     got a bye to proceed.  Billing will start for January processing.

     Too early to know how well this is going to work but the improvement
     in Query Occupancy processing came along at a very good time for us.

     Eric Lewis DoIT-UW-Madison