ADSM-L

Re: Minor packaging problems with the new clients

1997-01-08 11:34:39
Subject: Re: Minor packaging problems with the new clients
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 11:34:39 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: Mike Dile
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
Phone: (408)256-3637
Internal: mikedile@ibmusm50
Internet: mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com
Epilogue:

Kelly,

>>I downloaded WIN 32 bit 2.1.6 and am in the process of running
>>bld_disk.bat. I keep getting the following error for disk3

>>Searching EXE:
>>K:/TSSTORAG/LANUTIL/ADSM/WIN32BIT/V2R1M6/INTERNET/DISK3.EXE
>> Extracting: a:DISK3.ID
>> Inflating: a:BACLIENT.1  PKSFX: (W15) Warning! file fails CRC check

>>K:/TSSTORAG/LANUTIL/ADSM/WIN32BIT/V2R1M6/INTERNET/DISK3.EXE has errors!

>>I have downloaded NT20993.7d3 3 times now and each time I run the
>>bld_disk.bat I get the above error. I have edited the bld_disk.bat to
>>only request disk 3. What am I doing wrong? disk 1 and 2 are OK.

I just downloaded NT20993.7D3 from index.storsys.ibm.com, renamed it to
disk3.exe as the bld_disk.bat would and ran disk3 to see if it expanded
correctly.  I did not receive any CRC error message as you did. If you
downloaded via a web browser perhaps the file transfer was terminated
prematurely.  A dir list of my disk3.exe is 1,450,212 bytes.

Regards,

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development