ADSM-L

Re: 2.1.6 is out, but I want 2.1.5

1997-01-07 16:03:00
Subject: Re: 2.1.6 is out, but I want 2.1.5
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 16:03:00 -0500
The simplest way I have found is to use IBMLINK, the online data base
for IBM problem records.
Look up record II07777 (eye-eye-zero, not one-one-oh).

It has a list of all the available releases of all the clients, each
with a PTF number.

You just order that PTF number from the IBM support center, and tell
them whether you want it on 8mm tape, floppy disk, etc.

I have ordered PTF's for AIX, Solaris, and Win95 this way.
Each PTF I have ordered has come in the format suitable for the intended
client.

I see you are a UNIX admin; if there are IBM mainframe types in your
shop, they probably know how to access IBMLINK.  If they don't, I can
send you a text copy of II07777