ADSM-L

2 GiG Limitation

1997-01-07 12:13:00
Subject: 2 GiG Limitation
From: "Aughenbaugh, William" <aughenbw AT MOODYS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 12:13:00 EST
I have a question for which I have not yet received a clear answer.

 - Is the 2GB limitation on ADSM a server or a client problem?

My issues:

We have AIX 4.1 ADSM server running on an SP2 Node.
 - Do I need to upgrade?
 -If yes, is AIX 4.2 certified to run on an SP2 frame?
 -Can I just upgrade my ADSM node?

On the client side we run mostly NT 4.0 w/Exchange and Notes.
 -Is there a client that supports > 2GB files?
 -What is the easiest (to implement) solution for Exchange Files and NOTES
DB?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, a migration plan to new system is
on hold till we are sure Backup/Restore work properly.

Bill Aughenbaugh
Moodys Investor Service
QA/Systems Security Administrator
Aughenbw AT moodys DOT com