ADSM-L

ADSM v2.1.06 on Solaris 2.5.1

1997-01-03 14:36:44
Subject: ADSM v2.1.06 on Solaris 2.5.1
From: Philip New <Phil.New AT SEAG.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 13:36:44 -0600
Greetings,

Has anyone successfully installed the 2.1.06 PTF on a Solaris 2.5.1 system?
There are some bug fixes in 2.1.06 (particularly IC15827 - Core dump
during restores of a large file set containing lots of hardlinks).

The 2.1.06 Solaris 2.3/24 client (PTF IP20979) was able to restore a
directory that had been core dumping when restored using the ADSM 2.1.05
software.  I'd like to get all of my Solaris clients upgraded to the latest
PTF.  But when I do a pkgadd on my 2.5.1 systems, I get:

ADSM SunOS Client Preinstall Program
--------------------------------------
Please use the ADSM Solaris 2.3 backup client for Solaris 2.3/2.4.
Please use the ADSM Solaris 2.3 backup client for Solaris 2.3/2.4.
This PTF is for Solaris 2.5 with Solaris 2.5 UFS ACL support.
This PTF does not support on Solaris 2.5.1.

ADSM SunOS Backup Client installation failed.

pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <IBMDSMba5> failed.

It looks to me like this PTF only works for Solaris 2.5.  If so, is there
going to be a separate PTF for Solaris 2.5.1?  Thanks.

Phil New
philip.new AT seag.fingerhut DOT com