ADSM-L

AFS volume restoration?

1997-01-02 13:37:07
Subject: AFS volume restoration?
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 13:37:07 -0500
In some simple tests with AFS backups and restores, I was troubled a bit
concerning ADSM not restoring AFS volumes.  This brings up an important
issue I'm sure I will get asked.  If we have a disaster, how do we restore
30K AFS volumes?  We have a separate volume for each user as many other
AFS sites operate.  Is there no method for ADSM to re-create AFS volumes?
What solutions have others found for this?

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development