ADSM-L

Re: Tape Relaimation question

2015-10-04 18:11:36
Subject: Re: Tape Relaimation question
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 12/20/96 12:43PM
The synopsis of the answers is:  There is no way to redirect a reclaim to
another pool (Sounds like a requirement to me).  Move Data must be used to
manually move the data from pool to pool, but this is tedious, and difficult
to automate.  The GUI Admin clients for OS/2 and Win95 do have options
available to help some.

The other alternative is to have the pool migrate to the new pool.  Sheelagh
Terweek had some good suggestions she sent to me about setting the thresholds
for migration to 100 (fo both hi and low) to prevent migration, and then set
the thresholds lower slowly to control the migration.  This has the effect of
being able to control the migration process so that a limited number of tapes
are processed at a time.  This is perhaps the most attractive to us, as the
number of tapes involved is over 2000.

Thanks again for the input - it is always good to hear what others are doing
with common problems.  As for me - I am leaving this problem to my associates
here at work, and taking off for 2 weeks.  To all on the list - have a happy
holiday.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com