ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Scheduled Events

1996-12-12 20:45:04
Subject: Re: ADSM Scheduled Events
From: Debra Young <djyoung AT VOYAGER DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 20:45:04 -0500
At 10:05 AM 12/12/96 +1300, you wrote:
>We have had a few ocassions lately when for some reason TCP/IP has
>failed and then re-established the connection to ADSM.  However, our
>scheduled backups are not started after that time.
>We are running ADSM Server v1 on MVS and the clients are running in
>Prompted mode.
>
>Has anyone else had the same problem, or does anyone have ideas on how
>to get around this?

We have been having this problem for over a month.  I have changed the
duration to 5 hours to cover the one volume that is having problems.  By
lengthening the duration you allow the schedule to restart when there are
problems.  I have an ETR open for the errors that I am receiving on the
client.
Deb Young
Dow Corning Corp