ADSM-L

Webshell - First Shot

1996-12-10 09:21:03
Subject: Webshell - First Shot
From: Betsy Moir <Elizabeth.Moir AT VM.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 08:21:03 -0600
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com

Betsy
*** Forwarding note from TTCEDM  --NJE09    12/10/96 08:12 ***
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com
oas: to internet=adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu oas:

I've just downloaded Webshell and done some preliminary how-do-I-do-this
type tests. It's a great tool and would solve a number of
problems/complaints from our backup/restore administrative personnel. I
have a couple of questions, however.

1. Is there any documentation available beyond the readme doc?

2. Is there any way to direct webshell to an options file with a
   different name than dsm.opt in a different location than the executable? We
   have several hundred NT and 95 workstations who run ADSM from a
   Netware file server. For administrative purposes all their options
   files are stored on the server as well, using nodename.opt to
   distinguish them. I tried setting DSM_CONFIG to point to this location,
   but it didn't seem to make any difference.

   I love this tool, and I'm sure the folks that administer the servers
   and maintain all the workstations are going to love it too.
   Congratulations ADSM development!

Betsy