ADSM-L

ADSM marketing questions

1996-12-08 13:48:24
Subject: ADSM marketing questions
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 14:48:24 -0400
I am curious of where does IBM advertises ADSM. In six months I have
only seen one add.

How do people hear about ADSM?
I read about ADSM when it was awared best backup product of the year
by a magazine and IBM didn't even take the opportunity to advertise
on that magazine in coming weeks/months.

Another burning question:
What is ADSM target market?
When I started using aDSM I thought it was ANY company which had a
considerable amount of clients or that needed the flexibility of
backup that ADSM has. After not seen ads in PC related publications
(and a few Unix magazines) I started wondering. What really got me
thinking was when someone at IBM told me "not many people are using
OS/2 to run the ADSM server"; by the context of the conversation it
seemed as if the "not many" meant sort of a handfull.