ADSM-L

Query Filespace

1996-12-06 14:22:00
Subject: Query Filespace
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 11:22:00 PST
Yesterday someone posted a question about Query Filespace not
displaying the correct size of a large filespace.  I no longer have
that post, but hope this will help.

There could be two factors here.
 1. At one time, the Query Filespace command did not correctly display
    information on filespaces larger than 4GB.  This was fixed about
    six months ago.  The server level with the fix will vary by platform
    and release.  For the Version 2 MVS and AIX servers, the fix came out
    in server level 9.
 2. There is also a problem where the ADSM clients do not send correct
    information to the server for large filespaces (I believe this problem
    occurs with filespaces larger than 2 GB).  I do not know whether this
    problem has been fixed.  Perhaps someone from client development can
    provide an answer.

If you are using the API, all you need is the server fix.  If you
use an ADSM client you will need fixes for both the client and server.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development