ADSM-L

Re: AIX backup using ADSM

1996-12-04 03:47:29
Subject: Re: AIX backup using ADSM
From: Hans Pfleger <Hans.Pfleger AT WU-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 09:47:29 +0100
t 14:45 03.12.96 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello everyone.  I need to backup an AIX system that does not have any
tape

>devices.

>Provided that ADSM is backing up the system via the network, will I be
able

>to fully restore this

>system in the event of a disaster by performing an AIX installation and
then

>an ADSM restore?

>(It's hard to do mksysb's without a tape drive).  Sounds like it could
make

>sense, but I'm

>leary.  Thanks.

For AIX 3.2.5: sysback (IBM-product) will do this job for you.

For AIX 4.1.*: You can use mksysb to create a diskimage or nettape
(IBM-product to share tapedrives over the network).

++hp

Hans Pfleger                                      pfleger AT wu-wien.ac DOT at

WU-Wien, Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste ZID

Abteilung zentrale Infrastruktur azi             Tel. ++43 1 31336/4105

University Of Economics And Business Administration Vienna, Austria

AIX, AFS and ADSM Administrator

"Black holes are where GOD is dividing by zero"