ADSM-L

ADSM/NT Server and Quantum DLT2500XT Libraries

1996-12-01 12:20:17
Subject: ADSM/NT Server and Quantum DLT2500XT Libraries
From: Paul J Besz <pbesz AT FAST DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 12:20:17 -0500
I am attempting to attach two Quantum DLT2500XT minilibraries to an ADSM/NT
server.  The configuration of the server is an IBM PC500 running
Windows NT Server 4.0 with FixPak 1 and the NDIS hot fix applied.  The DLT
units are attached via an Adaptec 1640 SCSI adapter card.  The
Server Services shows that the ADSM Server and the ADSMScsi driver are running.
 The ADSM Diagnostics shows the following:

     Device Type                          ADSM Device Name               ADSM
Device Type
Tape Peripheral                          mt2.0.0.0
     DLT
Media Changer                           lb2.1.0.0
     LIBRARY
Tape Peripheral                          mt3.0.0.0
     DLT
Media Changer                           lb3.1.0.0
     LIBRARY

When I execute the command:  def libr DLT2500A  libt=scsi devi=lb2.1.0.0
the system (ADSM) goes away for a while and eventually returns the following
message:
ANR8418E DEFINE LIBRARY: An I/O error occurred while accessing library DLT2500A.

I looked at the entries for the devices in the registry, and since I am not an
NT expert, all I can say is that they are there and appear to be defined
properly.  Is there a registry change or addition I must make to get these
units to work?  I know under OS/2 I had to add a /ET parameter to the adapter
card definiton (although it was an Adaptec 2940) to get it ot recognize the
embedded targets that the DLT2500s apparently use.

Thanks in advance for your help......

Paul J Besz
Distributed Systems Services
610-927-2029