ADSM-L

Re[2]: ADSM database handling basics

1996-11-27 15:09:59
Subject: Re[2]: ADSM database handling basics
From: Eric LEWIS <Eric.Lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:09:59 CDT
     Is there a similar algorithm we can use to predict how many bytes of
     directory information are sent prior to incremental backup?  We are
     billing for I/O as well as storage . . . and are just starting to get
     questions about why our total I/O bill differs so much from the I/O
     reported in the backup log.  Is it safe to assume roughly that bytes
     backed up + directory comparison file size = total bytes I/O?  We are
     compressing on the client.

     Thanks for your help.  Eric Lewis  608-263-1652
     eric.lewis AT doit.wisc DOT du