ADSM-L

Re: ADSM's lack of knowledge of IP addresses

1996-11-27 07:46:36
Subject: Re: ADSM's lack of knowledge of IP addresses
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 07:46:36 -0500
Melinda,
        Given that it's very easy for a client to change their TCPIP address,
I'm not sure this is going to address your security concerns.
Additionally, if somebody's using DHCP to assign TCPIP addresses, that
client's TCPIP can change from time to time.  Why have you found
password protection to not be sufficient ??

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com