ADSM-L

Re: ANR999D

1996-11-26 17:19:56
Subject: Re: ANR999D
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:19:56 PST
Your symptoms are very similar to those described in II08975, but
I suspect that you have a different problem.  At this point, I am
doubtful that dump/load would eliminate your problem.

You are seeing these messages when the server tries to delete a
pending volume whose reusedelay time has elapsed.  The deletion
fails, apparently because the database contains incorrect information
about that volume.

I would suggest that you try the following:
o Use the Query STGpool Format=Detailed to get your reusedelay time
  (Delay Period for Volume Reuse).
o Use Query Volume STatus=PENding Format=Detailed to get a list of
  pending volumes.  For each pending volume, the Date Became Pending
  field gives the date/time on which the volume entered pending status.
o Use the Date Became Pending information for the pending volumes to
  determine the pending volumes whose reusedelay time has elapsed.
o Use Move Data to move any data from the pending volumes whose
  reusedelay time has elapsed (the volumes should not contain data,
  but I suspect that you have a volume with data for some unknown
  reason).
o After you get all the data off these volumes, use Delete Volume
  to delete the volumes.

If this does not eliminate the problem you have been seeing, you should
open a service call.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development
------------------------------- Referenced Note ---------------------------
Sounds like a problem upgrading from V1 to V2 server. Check out info APAR
Sounds like a problem upgrading from V1 to V2 server. Check out info APAR
II08975 which gives instructions as to how to correct the problem.
Basically you will need to dump the database and restore with certain
parameters.

At 06:01 PM 11/26/96 GMT+1, Hanna Hahne wrote:
>Today I got the following error:
>
>ANR0104E  asvolut.c(1592): Error 2 deleting row from table
>"AS.Volume.Assignment".
>ANR9999D afmigr.c(459): Error checking pending volumes for completion
>of reuse delay period.
>
>The error happens every hour. How critical is it? What can I do?
>
>Hanna Hahne
>Hanna Hahne                        email:  Hanna.Hahne AT dkfz-heidelberg DOT
>de
>Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum
>Zentrale Datenverarbeitung         Tel.:   (+49) 06221 - 42 2357
>Im Neuenheimer Feld 280            Fax:    (+49) 06221 - 42 2399
>D-69120 Heidelberg

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.