ADSM-L

Drivers for 3590's

1996-11-25 13:58:40
Subject: Drivers for 3590's
From: Janet Curtis <udpjcc AT AZURE.USI.UTAH DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:58:40 -0700
I mostly lurk, but now have a question I would like an answer to from IBM.

We are looking at using 3590's with ADSM.  I have made note of many comments to
the effect that ADSM device drivers for the 3590 do not take advantage of the
hardware capabilities and that you, therefore, cannot get anything near the
"theoretical" speed with them.  Are there plans to rewrite the 3590 drivers for
ADSM to correct this?  Otherwise, it would be like buying a Ferrari to drive to
the grocery store when a Ford Escort would do as well.

TIA,

Janet Curtis
udpjcc AT usi.utah DOT edu

Center for High Performance Computing