ADSM-L

Re: Log Files -- Summary

1996-11-22 15:00:22
Subject: Re: Log Files -- Summary
From: Francisco Franco <francisco.franco AT HYDRO.ON DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:00:22 -0500
Thanks, to the following people for their responses:

        Chester Martel <cmartel AT PEACH.FRUIT DOT COM>
        "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>

I have moved my dsmsched.log file from the "/" partition by editting
the dsm.sys file to add Timothy's recommendation.  I have also added
the ERRORLOGRETENTION to dsm.opt.  I've also defined system variable
names to root's "/.profile" in order to point to the errorlog file.

Thanks for all you help.

Timothy Pittson wrote:
>The SCHEDLOGNAME option can be set in DSM.SYS to specify the location
>and name of the ADSM schedule log.  Additionally, the SCHEDLOGRETENTION
>option can also be set to automatically prune the file, keeping n days
>worth of log entries (can also specify whether you want to save the
>pruned entries).  For instance...
>
>schedlogname            /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/log/dsmsched.log
>schedlogretention       14
>
>For the errorlog, you need to set the DSM_LOG environment variable to
>point to the directory where you want to store the error log. For
>pruning it, use the  ERRORLOGRETENTION client option in DSM.OPT.
>
>These options are documented in ADSM Installing the Clients, Version 2
>(SH26-4049-01)

The original question was:

--
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca