ADSM-L

ADSM Server Devices

1996-11-20 13:39:39
Subject: ADSM Server Devices
From: "Norman W. Russell" <nrussell AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:39:39 -0500
   Not sure if this made it to the List Server the first time....

    My ADSM Server is an RS6K with AIX325. As part of doing a SMIT apply of
ADSM server maintenance 2.1.0.9 and later 2.1.0.10, the ADSM device
definitions are deleted and the SMIT log says:

  lsdev: 0514-521 Cannot find information in the predefined device
        configuration database for the customized device mt0....mt12
                                     Same message for    lb0....lb9
                                     Same message for    op0....op9

    Then SMIT proceeds to attempt redefining these devices. The problem
is that it reassigns the device definitions in not the same manner that
they were previously defined via ADSM DEFINE LIBR and DEFINE DRIVE statements.
    Can anyone provide me with some insight as to how to preserve these
definitions across ADSM maintenance and system restarts?

Thanks,
Norm Russell
Norm Russell, IBM Microelectronics, Distributed Computing Services
IBM e-mail: nrussell AT btv.ibm DOT com  Internet e-mail: nrussell AT btv.ibm
DOT com
Tel: 802-769-4088 (tie: 446), Fax: 802-769-4253 (tie: 446)

------- End of Forwarded Message