ADSM-L

Volhist and Scratch Tapes (3494)

1996-11-20 13:31:15
Subject: Volhist and Scratch Tapes (3494)
From: Michael Fink <Michael.Fink AT UIBK.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 19:31:15 +0100
Due to experiments with NetTape, we have lost category information
of all tapes in our 3494 library (deleting a library automatically
checks out all volumes).

After returning to the direct 3494 connection, I checked in all
defined volumes as "private", all other volumes as "scratch".
However, there are still volumes in the volhist db that should not
be overwritten (e.g. storage volumes that became free but have
not expired and database backup volumes). These are now in the
"scratch" category.

What happens when ADSM asks the 3494 for a scratch volume and is
given one of these volumes that are still in the volhist?

Sincerely,

        EDV-Zentrum | Universitaet Innsbruck      | Tel: +43(512)507-2311
 Computing Services | Technikerstrasse 13         | FAX: +43(512)507-2944
--------------------+ A - 6020 Innsbruck, Austria | Michael.Fink AT uibk.ac DOT
at