ADSM-L

ADSM backing up the Veritas File System

1996-11-20 11:29:59
Subject: ADSM backing up the Veritas File System
From: Digest Info Refcard <Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:29:59 -0500
Does anyone have any experience backing up Veritas file systems (VxFS) on
Sun Solaris 2.4 & 2.5 and/or NCR UNIX 3.0 operating systems using ADSM?
 According to ADSM technical support the VxFS is not supported for these
platforms.  I know that in the past I was able to backup VxFS on HPUX
version 10 before the ADSM HPUX version 10 client was available.  The only
caveat was that I had to explicitly define each file system to be backed up
in the dsm.opt file.

Also, does anyone have experience in backing up UNIX file systems (UFS)
defined on volumes defined by the Veritas Volume manager?  The Sun Sparc
Storage arrays now ship with the Veritas volume manager as the default
configuration tool.  I don't think this should be a problem, but I would
like input from the group.

DanC
Daniel G. Crouse
Software Information Services, Inc.
Email:  Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM
Vmail:  800-233-6838
Voice:  404-714-5754
  Fax:  770-682-7739