ADSM-L

netscape ADSM downloading

1996-11-20 08:59:00
Subject: netscape ADSM downloading
From: Diane Ashby <Diane.Ashby AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 07:59:00 -0600
When I download fixes from the ADSM web sites using
NetScape are they automatically downloaded in binary?  The
server code seemed to work, but I don't ever see a screen
where I can choose binary as I used to be able to use the ftp
command "binary."

Another question: the sizes don't seem to be exact and I'm
wondering if that means I shouldn't install my downloaded copy.
For example, the 4.1 AIX adsm.client says 18050K, but I ended
up with 18,483,200 on my C drive after the NetScape download
and 18,482,620 on my AIX client after using Network File
Manager to transfer.

What does all this mean, and should I just forget the whole thing
and order the install diskette?
--Diane
diane.ashby AT toro DOT com
diane.ashby AT toro DOT com