ADSM-L

Migrate Aix3.2.5 to Aix 4.1.4

1996-11-15 09:46:03
Subject: Migrate Aix3.2.5 to Aix 4.1.4
From: Yves Tremblay <ytrembla AT COURRIER.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:46:03 -0500
URGENT ... URGENT ....

I just migrated Aix 3.2.5 to Aix 4.1.4. Before migrate, all my stg disk
are empty, i take backup of my database ( BACUP DB ) and i deinstall
adsm 2.1.0.10 server.

I keep my devconfig et volhistory backup, my dsmserv.opt and my
dsmserv.dsk and adsmserv.licenses.

After migration, I install adsm 2.1.5.6, and patch to go to 2.1.5.10.

When i start dsmserv, ther server start , mount my disk, do a recovery log
process and after the server crash with a core dump.

TOO :

I have two tower 8mm 7331-205. I can define ADSM device like on aix3.2.5,
and the rmt device too. But when i try to use rmt device, i have a invalid
CDB on the device. Can you tell me if i must do a special operation to
use my scsci Tape library on Aix 4.1.4

Thank, I hope a answer rapidly because my server is down since 3 days