ADSM-L

HSM connection

1996-11-14 16:50:40
Subject: HSM connection
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 13:50:40 PST
I have an ADSM AIX client who just implemented the Space Management
client.  Everything seems to be working fine, except on my MVS server,
level 2.1.10, I see a session starting with this client every 5 minutes
around the clock, and ending after 1 second.  I looked at his client
setup and can find nothing unusual, but, not being a UNIX person, I'm
not sure what I'm looking at half the time.  Is this constant connection
-disconnection normal behaviour for the HSM client or do we have some-
thing set wrong somewhere.
thing set wrong somewhere.
Thanks

Sam Sheppard