ADSM-L

Migration of 3380-3390 (VM, ADSM V1)

1996-11-14 13:43:07
Subject: Migration of 3380-3390 (VM, ADSM V1)
From: "Terrence W. Zellers" <zellers AT BLUE.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 13:43:07 -0500
Could anyone please give me a summary of how to move a server
with all disks on 3380's to 3390's.  We've tried export server -
it apparently tried to copy the tapes as well.  We've combed
the manuals, but haven't been able to put it all together: this
"high concept" documentation is for the birds.  No high concept
here: the '80's are going out the door; we need ADSM moved to
the '90's with all current data intact, and we don't need to
spend a week copying tapes with good data already on them.

Thanks all.                                  -- TWZ