ADSM-L

Does ADSM work with DataBlaster?

1996-11-13 11:18:43
Subject: Does ADSM work with DataBlaster?
From: Betty Simonis <BETTY_SIMONIS AT DSC.UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:18:43 -0500
Hello,

Has anyone had any experiences in using a DataBlaster from Bus Tech to
connect a mainframe up with AIX workstations? We are currently running
ADSM on MVS as the server, and backing up AIX machines using a tcpip
connection. I was asked today if ADSM would work with a DataBlaster,
and I am told that a DataBlaster looks like a tape device to both the
mainframe and the workstation. Any information you can share is most
appreciated.

Thanks much.

Betty Simonis
University of Michigan