ADSM-L

Status of ADSM v2 for VM

1996-11-12 13:24:33
Subject: Status of ADSM v2 for VM
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 13:24:33 EST
Yesterday, I attended a MVMUA (Metropolitan VM User's Association) meeting
in NYC.  Someone there commented that he had recently spoken with a marketing
rep about ADSM.  He was informed by this rep that ADSM v2.1 for VM was
considered "stablized" and that there would be no further work done on
that product.  Since I'm in the process of trying to convince my management
to spend the money to purchase ADSM v2, I was NOT HAPPY to hear that.

Can anyone from IBM speak to the accuracy of what this rep said?  Is there
some misunderstanding going on, or are you writing off the VM platform?
I certainly hope its the former.  Otherwise, I don't see ADSM having much
of a future at Marist.

Martha

PS - It is interesting to note that this list, which I have been told has been
of great value to ADSM customers around the world, runs on VM.