ADSM-L

Re: [3] ADSM install on NT client using 32 bit ADSM at IP208

1996-11-08 12:12:26
Subject: Re: [3] ADSM install on NT client using 32 bit ADSM at IP208
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 12:12:26 -0500
Classification:
ValidationTesting_1: 0Prologue: Mike Dile
IBM SSD
Phone: (408)256-3637
Internal: mikedile@ibmusm50
Internet: mikedile AT us1.ibm DOT com
Epilogue: Regards,
Mike Dile

Len,
Hello Mike

>This answer does bring up another question. Is there a list of common
>files that are replaced by adsm? What happens if we had a newer
>copy of (for example MFC40.DLL) one of these files on the workstation
>before the adsm install? Will it be backleveled by the adsm install?

The Win32 clients ship with the following "common" DLLs:
MFC40.DLL, MFCRT40.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL

There is installation logic to prevent down-leveling the DLLs.

>PS What level of InstallShield are you using?

We're using InstallShield 3.

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development