ADSM-L

Re: optfile command line option

1996-11-07 00:37:14
Subject: Re: optfile command line option
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:37:14 EST
On Wed, 6 Nov 1996 14:45:43 EST Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development said:
>Unfortunately this option is currently only available in the
>Windows GUI client.
>
>For the command line client the options and message repository files
>must either reside in the same directory as the client or be pointed
>to by the DSM_CONFIG or DSM_DIR environment variables.
>
>Hope this helps .....
>

>Pete Tanenhaus
>ADSM Client Development

Pete;  I have also observed that the -PASSWORD option only works for the
GUI client.  This is extremely confusing to our users.  I am concerned
about this trend.  Is it intended to make all options work for both the
GUI and the CLI?  I certainly hope so.  The way these are implented now
is not only confusing to our users, but also makes the product quality
look pretty poor (seriously, this is the type of comments we hear from
our users).  I think ADSM is a great product, overall, but these little
things like inconsistent option implementation and the PTF 5 installation
tool drive me nuts (some say I was already that way, so don't take it
personally).

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601