ADSM-L

Full Backups after time change.

1996-10-30 11:27:24
Subject: Full Backups after time change.
From: Donald Coleman <coleman AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:27:24 -0500
I've noticed something peculiar on our Windows 95 ADSM clients this week.
When an incremental backup  is performed, the entire disk image is backed up
again rather than just the changes. After it performs this full backup, it
reverts back to the normal incremental behaviour.

Is there something about the automatic switch from Daylight Savings to
Standard Time on Windows 95 that causes ADSM to think that all the files
have changed? We are currently running Version 2.1.3 of the Windows 95 client.

None of the other client platforms exhibit this phenomena.

   Don Coleman,
   Queen's University Information Technology Services
   Kingston, Ont. Canada  K7L 3N6
   Tel: (613) 545-2034   Email: Don.Coleman AT QueensU DOT CA