ADSM-L

The infamous ftp server

1996-10-21 19:42:59
Subject: The infamous ftp server
From: Jacquelyn Reith <jreith AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:42:59 PDT
We are really getting close now to getting index.storsys.ibm.com up
to snuff.  Over the next few days as we are moving to the new line
and doing a bit of software maintenance, you may see some down time
and other strange problems with index.  At times it will be running
on a backup machine and the ability to write to the incoming
directory will be missing.

I apologize heartily for these additional difficulties with our ftp
server but we should all be much happier in just a few days.

Also be aware that the IP address for index.storsys.ibm.com will be
changing so it is important that you reference it by it's hostname
in order to continue connecting.

Please let me know if you experience any special problems.

Regards,
Jacquie Reith