ADSM-L

Using ADSTAR for Source Archiving

1996-10-14 11:41:37
Subject: Using ADSTAR for Source Archiving
From: "Scott D. Courtney" <courtney AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:41:37 EST
Hi, Folks!

Regarding my post last week on this subject, I have received numerous
release of my source code on a project (we had some minor problems
like the server died and such...just little things ;-)  ) but I wanted
to let those who responded know that I did receive the suggestions. I
hope to have tested a couple of the suggested methods by Wednesday or
so and I'll certainly post here in the list once we settle on what we
intend to use.

I do agree with one person's comment that this is something IBM should
explicitly address in a future release.  ADSTAR is such a terrific
backup/restore product in other ways that it is only logical customers
would want to use it for other archiving functions than just disaster
recovery.  I think what I'll do once we have a working interim
solution is to put together a "wish list" and submit it to IBM for
consideration; it'll also end up here for your comments :-)  .

Thanks again, everyone.  I'll try to get my test results out here
quickly.

Purgamentum init,        Scott D. Courtney, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Purgamentum init,        Scott D. Courtney, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
exit purgamentum.        The Timken Company (Canton, Ohio, USA)