ADSM-L

NO SUBJECT

1996-10-08 06:52:01
Subject: NO SUBJECT
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 06:52:01 EDT
Hello.

In our shop we only use ADSM to backup our servers. When people
lose stuff on the servers, they contact our help desk, which
restore the files for the users.

Until now the help desk people have used a common node ID to do
the restores from, and that node ID has been given authority to do
the restores from all the servers. That way the help desk people
can do the restores from their own PC's. Because of security issues
we are moving away from user ID's shared between multiple people
and using personal user ID's instead. So now I have to grant the
authority to do the restores to the personal node ID's that I've
created in ADSM. But as far as I can see, I have to go out to all
the servers, log on as the server node ID, and grant the authority
to the new node ID's. Since I am the ADSM system administrator, I
would have thought that I could log on as an administrator and grant
the authorities needed on behalf of the server node ID's.

Is there something I have overlooked or is the way it was designed?

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark