ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-09-30 11:22:19
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 11:22:19 EDT
On Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:50:28 -0500 Diane Ashby said:
>directories not being restored for HP that was my experience
>too.  I just called IBM support for verfication, and they indicated
>this was working as designed since empty directories were a
>sort of non-entity.
>--Diane
>diane.ashby AT toro DOT com

I don't know about HP, but I believe if you do a "restore by subdirectory"
that empty directories will be restored ok.  If you do a "restore by file"
or a "restore by tree", then they will not be restored (I think).  I don't
have time to confirm this myself, but I recall seeing this earlier on this
list.

The response that "empty directories were a sort of non-entity" should not
be accepted from IBM (depending on the context in which it was made).
It sounds like an avoidance response to me.