ADSM-L

Re: ADSM client questions

1996-09-26 11:13:17
Subject: Re: ADSM client questions
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:13:17 GMT
(Mon, 23 Sep 1996 10:05:29 -0700)

>When I start up the client software I get a display of all the file systems
>that have been mounted.  I would like to limit that display to the
>file systems that the client has been authorized to back up.  How can I do
>this ?

I don't think that is possible at the moment.

>On startup I seem to get a number of the local file systems preselected for
>backup. I would like to restrict that to the file systems of interest.  How
>can I do this ?
>
>I have been fooling around with include exclude lists and the Domain
>parameter but have not yet achieved the desired results.

You should use the DOMAIN option on the client options file (dsm.opt).
For example:

DOMAIN    /usr /home /app

will select these filesystems as "default" targets for backup/archive.
Also these will be the only filesystems included in incremental
backup.

Rui Malheiro,
6 Mil - Tecnologias de Informacao