ADSM-L

Re: Setup InstallShield rules

1996-09-20 18:07:04
Subject: Re: Setup InstallShield rules
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 18:07:04 EDT
On Fri, 20 Sep 1996 11:05:00 -06 Mike Stewart said:
>The 2.1.5 version of the ADSM Windows client uses InstallShield to
>install and setup ADSM.  Is the ADSM InstallShield rules file
>available?  Of course we want to customize the install
>for general distribution here; insure ADSM goes into
>the 'correct' directory, that the appropriate
>components are installed, etc.

Good Afternoon

I also have an interest in the above answer.

It appears that the default directory for windows nt has changed from
/adsm32 to /win32app/ibm/adsm.

I have been told by our one of our pc support folks that if one
installs the new .5 ptf on a machine that already has adsm installed,
by default it will not remove the material in the old directory, and
will install the new stuff in the new directory. He thought that it
should find any of the old software and handle it. That is give you
the choice of overwriting the old stuff, removing the old or
not, installing to a new directory.

Can others share what they are doing to install or upgrade adsm
on windows (3.x wnt 95)  via software vs having a person do the
work?

Thanks len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513