ADSM-L

Archive Retention

1996-09-19 15:18:34
Subject: Archive Retention
From: "Norman W. Russell" <nrussell AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:18:34 -0400
   I have a customer that is archiving several thousand files to an
ADSM management class that has an archive retention of 'No Limit'. We
now want to change the archive retention associated with these archives
to 270 days.
   I have a couple of questions relative to the impact of doing this.

   - All newly archived files will expire 270 days from the day they
     are archived. What about the several thousand files that have been
     previously archived? Are they still under the 'No Limit' retention
     or will they now be under the 270 days retention?

   - If the older archives remain under the 'No Limit' retention, is
     there an easy mechanism to associate those files with a 270 day
     retention instead of keeping them forever or eventually having to
     do a delete archive against them?

Thanks,
Norm
Norm Russell, IBM Microelectronics, Distributed Computing Services
IBM e-mail: nrussell AT btv.ibm DOT com  Internet e-mail: nrussell AT vnet.ibm
DOT com
Tel: 802-769-4088 (tie: 446), Fax: 802-769-4253 (tie: 446)

------- End of Forwarded Message