ADSM-L

SHOW command (Was: Finding out the location of a file for restore)

1996-09-19 10:42:35
Subject: SHOW command (Was: Finding out the location of a file for restore)
From: Francis Dequenne <syf AT ECMWF DOT INT>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:42:35 +0100
Jerry Lawson is suggesting to use a SHOW command to retrieve some information
from the ADSM DB.

As far as I am aware, the SHOW command is not supported by IBM. I.e., IBM can
remove them, change their behaviour, or decline responsibility if the command
does provide incomplete or incorrect information. In other words, it is a tool
that is dangerous to use in a production environment.

I am correct, or have I missed some announcement that would invalidate the
previous statement?

If I am correct, Could IBM provide us with some tools that are officially
supported, and that would provide the functionalities that SHOW provides?

--
Regards
Regards

| Francis Dequenne  | Systems Section                  |      /~~\  /~~\     |
| ECMWF             | e-mail: fdequenne AT ecmwf DOT int      |     /    \/
\    |
| Shinfield Park    | Tel:    (+44 1734) 499361        |   ECMWF             |
| Reading           | Fax:    (+44 1734) 869450        |   ECMWF             |
| Berkshire RG2 9AX | Telex:  (+44 1734) 847908        |     \    /\    /    |
| United Kingdom    |                                  |      \__/  \__/     |