ADSM-L

win32 client tcpip failures

1996-09-17 17:52:01
Subject: win32 client tcpip failures
From: Hub Internet Support <irvet AT KNIGHT-HUB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:52:01 -0400
As an addendum to my last note regarding the tcpip failures under Windows NT
and Win95 clients backing up to an OS/2 server, I've since applied service
pack 4 and tcpip hotfix to the NT 3.51 server and have the same problem. The
tcpip hotfix from Microsoft specifically addresses the sequence number
problem I am having but didn't fix. I have dataglance traces of the failure
if anyone would care to have them. They show a recurring scenario in which
the win32 client reuses a sequence number that was previous acked by the
server and at that point the OS/2 server discards further packets, the
client retransmits the packet 6 times then times out. If anyone would care
to have me fax these traces feel free to ask. Again, I'm attempting to use
V2R1 .5 client and the V1R2 OS/2 server. Are there any settings I might be
using in the .opt file to handle this situation? help....
Digitally yours,
    Irve Towers
The Hub Internet Services
http://www.knight-hub.com