ADSM-L

adsm redbooks

1996-09-16 17:43:22
Subject: adsm redbooks
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 17:43:22 EDT
>Can anyone recommend an ADSM Redbook which will give a good overview of
>installing a server and clients.  We have ADSM rel 2 with the server
>running under MVS 5.2.2 and clients on Open MVS, HP-UX and Novell
>platforms.
>
>Thanks
>
>Michael

Michael, our redbooks don't really focus on installation, but more on
customization, and at this point we have many redbooks that cover MVS
but the books were all written at different times.  I assume you mean you
are running Version 1 Release 2....I'd strongly suggest you migrate
to Version 2.

The redbooks, ADSM Implementation Examples, GG24-4034, is based on the
Version 1 server because it was published in Jul 93, but it still has
some good stuff on connectivity.  The ADSM for MVS Recovery and Disaster
Recovery (SG24-4537) is based on V2, and Using Tapes and Tape Libraries
(SG24-4538) is also based on MVS V2.  The ADSM V2 Presentation Guide gives
you a good technical overview of the V2 enhancements (SG24-4532)d

We don't have any specific books on O/E client or HP-UX client.  We
have a Getting Started with AIX Clients, GG24-4243, which is from '94 so
it's not up-to-date, but still has a lot of good basic information which
is generally applicable to unix clients.

We're trying hard not to duplicate the ADSM manuals, so we've decided to
not update all of the books in our redbook library, but instead get the
info that's in some of the books into the regular pubs.  Then we are
freed up to work on new topics and functions that will be coming out.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - San Jose