ADSM-L

Re: force ADSM to recognize a disk pool is gone

1996-09-16 10:36:37
Subject: Re: force ADSM to recognize a disk pool is gone
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 07:36:37 PDT
Susan McClure writes:

>I have a weird problem and don't know how to make ADSM realize what is going
>on.

>One (of several) DASD buffer pools were deleted from ADSM accidentally.
>I realized it later and thouhgt well, we will continue with less buffering
>area.
>That has worked ok except-- apparently when the disk pool was deleted there
>were
>some files on there that had not yet migrated off to tape.  I assumed that
>eventually,
>ADSM would realize those files were gone and just make another backup.

(remainder of note deleted)

Susan, I bet if you do a QUERY VOLUME, you'll see the deleted volume(s)
there. From ADSM's viewpoint, they are offline. Issue DELETE VOLUME with
the DISCARDDATA=YES option for each deleted volume. That should clear the
problem up. Note: I recommend running only one DELETE VOLUME command at a
time for performance reasons.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support