ADSM-L

ADSM log space

1996-09-13 17:27:31
Subject: ADSM log space
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:27:31 -0600
For the last two days, I have had the unfortunate experience of my recovery
log filling and stopping all function of ADSM.  The only way that I can
get it going, is to add more log space.  This is a fix, but there will be
some day when I can't add log space.  How do I get the recover log to
flush?  If I halt my server with a RL at 101% do I loose data, or does the
RL flush?

Does anyone know why the RL is filling?  It seems to be doing this at a
seemingly idle period.  It has also started happening after going to R9
just a few weeks ago.

It is an AIX 3.2.5 server, running ADSM V2 R1 M9

Any help would be appreciated!

Bob