ADSM-L

FW: New disk stg pool volumes...

2015-10-04 18:13:27
Subject: FW: New disk stg pool volumes...
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 9/13/96 11:46AM
Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
________________________Forward Header________________________
Author: INTERNET.OWNERAD
09-13-96 11:46 AM

ADSMers,
I don't know if I did something wrong or it's just because it's Friday
the 13th!??  Yesterday I cleaned-off the three disk storage pool
volumes I had: I forced a migration to a low threshold of 0 to occur, I
then verified that everything was off with a Q OCC * stg=xxxx, then did
a delete volume with a discard=yes (there was still some old cached
copies there that I figured I did not need).   I then created new,
larger, storage pool volumes; named them the same as they were before,
just now they were larger and had somewhat different parms (thresholds..etc).
This morning I found that ALL of the backups that occurred last night
went straight to tape.  None of the new volumes was written to at all!
 I had done a 'DEF V stgpoolname volume' and thought that the volumes
would get written to, however it seems as though I've missed something.
 Like I said, the names are the same and I haven't touched the DEST of
all of the management class copygroups.  Can anyone shed some light on this?
Larry Abbinante