ADSM-L

adsmpipe

1996-09-12 14:54:48
Subject: adsmpipe
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:54:48 EDT
> I am trying to run ADSMPIPE on a Sun Solaris 2.4 box to back up an
> Oracle  database that is installed on a RAW device.
> When I try to run ADSMPIPE I get an error message saying that the file
>  'libAPIDS.so.1' was not found.This file does not exist on the system
> and
>  according to ADSM documentation (Installing the clients, pg 36) there
> IS no such file. PLEASE HELP!.
>
>  Thanx.
>
>  Joseph

Joseph, are you using the compiled version of adsmpipe for solaris or
are you using the source code we provided?  What level of the ADSM client
are you using?  I believe since we published the book there have been some
changes to the names and locations of some of the api files.  Let me
help track this down for you.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - San Jose