ADSM-L

Yesterday's Conference Call

1996-09-12 09:11:12
Subject: Yesterday's Conference Call
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:11:12 -0400
Date:     September 12, 1996            Time:    08:32
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
Lisa Haut did a nice job on the Conference Call  presentation yesterday, but
Lisa Haut did a nice job on the Conference Call  presentation yesterday, but
for our shop the whole call missed the mark.  I know you are trying to sell
ADSM to more companies, and an NT server goes a long way to accomplish that.
And yesterday's presentation did a nice job of covering a lot of "Whys".  The
problem is that we are "part of the choir" - we already know how to use ADSM
and why it is a great product.  What I need is a session on how the NT server
integrates and exploits NT features.  What makes it a worthy competitor?  Fran
kly, I had 4 people in the room from the area that supports NT, and they
already know how great ADSM is (at least I told them how great it is :-)  )
but they wanted to know more about details.  Frankly, they left before the cal
l was through.

Again, this is not a criticism of Lisa - she covered a lot of ground in a
short period of time, and set a record for the number of foils in a 1 hour
audio conference call!  But general background calls have been done before - I
would really like some calls with more technical details.

What do others think?

Jerry Lawson