ADSM-L

Help- we lost our DB

1996-09-11 21:58:11
Subject: Help- we lost our DB
From: Vince Allio <usboacvb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 21:58:11 EDT
We are in a bit of a bind here and are looking for some expertise
from ADSM/VM experts.

Last night we had a hardware error as reported by VM:Backup on our
ADSM database volume.  We normally run DUMP DB once a day but it's
been abending with a SOC5 since 8/23 (we have an ETR open with IBM
for this).  The abend may or may not be reladed to the bad track- we
thought it was caused by our VM/ESA V2 (CMS 12) install.  In attempting
to restore the recovery logs were reinitialized, so now ADSM won't come
up with the old database volume.

As I see it we can, in order of preference:

1) Hope IBM can give us a quick fix for DUMP DB and then dumpit/load it
   back to a new volume.

2) Restore our 8/23 copy and take some serious flack from our users
   (we use archive quite a bit).

Any help is very much appreciated.

E-Mail: USBOACVB AT IBMMAIL DOT COM