ADSM-L

MVS Server Session Limit?

1996-09-10 08:23:06
Subject: MVS Server Session Limit?
From: Jim Kleberg <Kleberg_James_R/svoa0001 AT SSB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 08:23:06 -0400
        I am about to embark on a large-scale implementation of ADSM with a
     dedicated MVS LPAR for my server(s).  We have over 200 UNIX clients to
     back up.  Bandwidth is not a problem (we have a 100mb pipe into the
     mainframe).  My question is:  how many servers and IP stacks will I
     need to run?
        At what point does session concurrency start to take a toll on
     meaningful thruput?
        Thanks for your response in advance.