ADSM-L

Re: Scratch tapes question

2015-10-04 18:13:27
Subject: Re: Scratch tapes question
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Barry Fruchtman wrote:

> Right.  We require pre-labelled to prevent overwriting
> of tapes which don't belong to ADSM and to track them
> once ADSM has used them ( or to re-use them when they become
> empty ).

        I'm having a problem with ADSM database backups prompting for
scratch volumes: I _DON'T_ want to use _ANY_ scratch volumes, but when I
run ADSM in roll-forward it only accepts scratch volumes for the
incremental DB backups.  I can specify a backup device class and volume
name when I manually perform fulls.  How do I set ADSM to perform
unattended database backups to a pool of non-scratch media dedicated to
them?  I'm considering having, say, 4 labeled tapes dedicated to DB
backups in a tape library, and those tapes will _NOT_ be part of any
storage pools migrated to by the backup pool.