ADSM-L

ADSM Include/Exclude

1996-09-05 17:10:21
Subject: ADSM Include/Exclude
From: William Kral <wkral AT TNE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 16:10:21 -0500
I am a new user to ADSM and have a situation that I would like some help=20
on.......
First our setup - We are running ADSM on MVS and are using an OS/2 GUI=20
interface for our Admin Station.

The question is, I want to backup a server. I want all the files backed up=20
to have a certain retention, with the exception of all files with the=20
extension of .xxx which I only want to keep for 6 days, but must be backed=20
up whether it has been updated or not. The .xxx files could be anywhere on=20
the server.

What would be the easiest way to accomplish this? Do I have to run two=20
schedules a night against this server or could this be done with just one=20
schedule? Do I have to put anything special in my DSM.OPT or the override=20
Options section in the Schedule?

This may sound a like off beat, but I have my reasons........ Any help woul=
d=20
be appreciated and thanks for your info.

Bill Kral (WKral AT TNE DOT COM)