ADSM-L

Event Log Result Codes

1996-09-05 13:30:33
Subject: Event Log Result Codes
From: Tom La Porte <tlaporte AT DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 10:30:33 -0700
I've searched through all of the on-line user manuals (including
the Messages book) and haven't been able to find anything that
documents the result codes that are displayed as part of
a 'q event policy schedule f=d', for example:

Policy Domain Name: 3590CPOLICY
     Schedule Name: NIGHTLY
         Node Name: DLMASTER
   Scheduled Start: 09/04/1996 18:05:00
      Actual Start:
         Completed: 09/04/1996 21:20:30
            Result: 1

I've figured out on my own that 0 is a success, but I've seen
failure codes of 1, 4, and -99, but can't seem to figure out
where those codes are documented (if they are). Any help, or
pointers to documentation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks. -- Tom

Life's too short to                    Tom La Porte
make your own mayonnaise.              <tlaporte AT dreamworks DOT com>